PBC:Your first article
Writing an article
Welcome to PBC!
You have probably already edited blogs or social media sites. Maybe you have already made minor edits to our articles – but now you want to start your own article from scratch. Jump in! Be Bold.
We'll explain some of the DOs and DON'Ts, then show you how to create an article. You will probably want to use the Article Wizard because it will walk you through the main steps and help you avoid doing something wrong.
- If the article is not acceptable, it will be deleted quickly. All new articles are patrolled shortly after creation by new page patrolers.
- Articles that do not meet standard of quality, per our Standard of Article Quality Policy are very likely to be deleted.
- Do not create: pages about yourself, your company, your band, or your friends; pages that advertise; personal essays; or other articles you would not find in an encyclopedia.
- Be careful about the following: controversial material, and extremely short articles.
Here are some tips that can help you:
- Consider registering an account first — you need only choose a username and password.
- PBC covers certain kinds of subjects and not others. Our articles must be "worthy of notice"; this avoids filling PBC with pages that are not really meant for an encyclopedia. If the topic is suitable for an encyclopedia, go ahead; if you're unsure, or the article is about yourself or something you are closely connected to, you can ask questions at the PBC Forum.
- Search PBC first in case an article already exists on the subject, perhaps under a different title. If the article already exists, feel free to make any constructive edits to improve it.
- Practice first. Before starting, try editing existing articles to get a feel for writing and for using PBC's mark-up language—we recommend that you first take a tour through the PBC tutorial or review contributing to PBC to learn editing basics.
- Gather references both to use as source(s) of the information you will include and to demonstrate the notability of your article's subject matter. PBC requires the use of reliable published sources.
- Consider requesting feedback. You can request feedback on articles you would like to create in a number of places, including the talk page or the PBC Forum.
- Create the article first in User space unless you are very sure that you can create an acceptable article on your first attempt. 'Live' articles are required to meet a number of PBC rules from the start, or they risk being deleted; but in User space, unless you do something seriously bad (like a personal attack on somebody) nobody is likely to touch your draft unless you ask them to.
Search for an existing article
PBC already has 2,268 articles. Before creating an article, try to make sure there is not already an article on the same topic, perhaps under a slightly different name. If an article on your topic already exists, but you think people might look for it under some different name or spelling, learn how to create redirects to alternative titles; adding needed redirects is a good way to help PBC. Also, remember to check the article's deletion log in order to avoid creating an article that has already been deleted.
Pornstars and Models
To create a pornstar/model article, you can try the null Biobox template via form (For more information see PBC:Biobox and PBC:Pornographic Career templates). Just type name of model/pornstar and start a new article!